Strategic Planning & Program Management
Planning for a Responsive Operating Environment
Laisar Management Group’s Strategic Planning & Program Management methodology provides techniques and processes that enable organizations to understand the requirements and interactions of their enterprise for the development of a properly focused operational business model. This understanding improves communication and planning so that the IT and other operational portfolios are built on a framework that properly aligns and supports the strategic objectives of the organization to meet the tactical requirements of the day-to-day business operation and program management.
Laisar provides thought leadership and guidance to align the organization’s operational aspects with its charter to insure that it can produce the products, services and capabilities required by its constituents. We provide a development platform to engage client personnel in defining a consistent, repeatable process for modeling, building and managing the organization’s strategic business operation.
This approach increases organizational effectiveness by mapping and modeling the business to the organization’s business vision and strategic goals. Mapping identifies gaps between the current and target business capabilities by evaluating the underlying processes, people and tools. Modeling discovers and defines the business requirements necessary to support the interests of all of the stakeholders, their business units and relationships. Once understood the integration of the components necessary to create a fully functioning organization to meet the operational realities can be implemented.
Laisar’s methodology delivers practical value to senior leadership. They are provided with a mechanism to better communicate with multiple levels of management both internal to external to the organization. A common understanding of business challenges and strategic needs emerge. As users gain confidence in the methodology, the effectiveness of IT and other operational systems increases as they meet expectations and deliver on schedule and within budget.
Objectives of the Strategic Planning & Program Management methodology and process:
- Clarify organizational and program vision and mission statements, goals and objectives
- Assess the state of the organization’s business structure and program management practice
- Customize the strategic business operation to the unique needs of the organization
- Develop templates for consistently capturing business function, capability, process, and organizational views
- Enhance the competency of the organization’s staff to understand, discuss, and use this methodology
- Define the “value chain” of the organization – its primary services, its governance and its back-office support
- Socialize the organization’s value-chain model to solicit comments and open lines of communication
- Define procedures to support the care and feeding of the model as it grows
- Develop a governance model that integrates the business operation approach to the IT project planning and portfolio management life cycles Understand IT engagement model with organizational leaders
- Laisar recognized as a Top 100 MBE
- The Laisar Internship Program
- Faces of Founders
- Laisar National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Certification
- Implications of Data Collection, Analysis, Evaluation, Reporting
- Laying the foundation for transformative change
- Data defines operational realities
- Developing a robust Diversity Tracking Program