Laisar Regulatory Compliance Management™ – Connecting Policy with Reality
We identify opportunities for enhanced operational functionality and efficiency that is facilitated with timely and meaningful reporting using measurement metrics to provide evidence of compliance.
A process must exist to properly allocate resources to exist in a dynamic environment because all organizations must operate within mandated policies that are being affected by increased constituency demands, budget reductions, intense transparency, diminishing staffing, and an avalanche of evolving technologies in a changing global economy. Laisar provides a cohesive integrated set of services to assist management in the accomplishment of the organization’s mission effectively and efficiently in this most challenging and difficult environment.
Laisar ’s methodology aligns many attributes necessary to effectively operate at all levels of management to ensure mission accomplishment within the boundaries mandated by regulatory compliance.
- We conduct an operational assessment and establish a platform from which to monitor and adjust the organization’s operational integrity.
- We focus on enhancing the organization’s functionality attention to external factors that affect operational validation and accuracy.
- We evaluate the impact of database interfaces that support the organization for meaningful and timely reporting.
- We evaluate data source trail as the basis for operational decision making IT infrastructures that support the organization.
- We provide an assessment of the effectiveness of the financial management and cost controls of the organization.
- We identify and recommend a set of measurement metrics in support of defining the overall effectiveness and compliance of the organization.
Objectives of the Laisar’s Compliance Management methodology and processes are:
- Ensure compliance within mandated policy
- Evaluate operational compliance integrity
- Define opportunities to enhance organizational functionality
- Validate operational accuracy
- Define and evaluate the impact of database interfaces
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Evaluate financial management & cost controls
- Ensure that timely and meaningful reporting is provided
- Develop an meaningful and manageable measurement metric
- Ensure that technology supporting the organization is properly aligned
Case Study: MGM National Harbor
Laisar has worked closely with the Executive Director for Construction and Contracts in the development of their small business compliance program. As part of this exercise, we gathered requirements via interviews and facilitated working group sessions with the client, documenting requirements using various business analyst software. We prepared workflow analysis, use cases, process maps, analyzed business impact of service implementation of the newly developed compliance program and supported business process optimization.
Case Study: State of Maryland-Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA)
We collaborated very closely with GOMA on their multi-year and multi-site compliance and monitoring project supporting their economic inclusion regulatory requirements with the validation of budgetary inputs and a review of the process required to continually improve performance. Laisar developed tools and techniques and provided oversight of the data collection, database management, workflow diagramming, root cause analyses, SWOT analysis, and workload indicators, and business process improvement. As a result of our efforts, GOMA streamlined their data collection and reporting process from 90 days to 7 days.
Case Study: FDA Center for Tobacco Products (CTP)
In our past experience delivering Technical Assistance for Tobacco Retail Compliance Inspections contract, Laisar interviewed stakeholders and provided analysis and recommendations to jurisdictions to assist in meeting contractual requirements regarding the inspection process for tobacco retail establishments. Our findings determined that working in silos was the main barrier which precluded jurisdictions from effectively and efficiently performing their contractual requirements. Laisar identified that each jurisdiction had a different interpretation of the enforcement of the Tobacco Control Act and it was important that we understand their process flow in order to properly support our task requirements. We were effective in educating CTP about competing programs and the challenges of enforcing the regulations in the various jurisdictions. A dynamic communication management process led to a more effective program. Realizing that the roadblocks to execution were removed, CTP was able to cut their costs by utilizing their own staff for program enforcement.
- The Laisar Internship Program
- Faces of Founders
- Laisar National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Certification
- Implications of Data Collection, Analysis, Evaluation, Reporting
- Laying the foundation for transformative change
- Data defines operational realities
- Developing a robust Diversity Tracking Program
- Progressive Evolutionary Management (PEM) Forum