- About Us
- Functional Practices
- Industry Practices
- Contact Us
Organization & Communications Management
Communications Management is critical to the success of any project and Laisar offers services that enhance message delivery through all phases of a project or program.
Predictive Decision Making – Managing & Evaluating the Policy Making Process
All organizations must operate within mandated policies that are being affected by increased constituency demands, budget reductions, intense transparency, diminishing staffing, and an avalanche of evolving technologies in a changing global economy. But the policies that are mandating the behavior of an organization often do not provide the necessary resources and direction to compensate for the realities of its operation.
Laisar Management Group’s cohesive integrated set of services includes Predictive Decision Making. It provides a road map for organizations to provide input to the policy making process. The goal is to align policy making with operational realities.
Our approach combines process, research and technology to integrate policy making with program management and stakeholders. We provide a formula for decision makers to verify assumptions, validate relevance, rank decision impact, identify analytical needs and evaluate uncertainty as the decision making process unfolds.
Leaders are challenged by a VUCA operating environment. Coined by the United States Army in the 1990’s with increased awareness since 9/11, we have become aware that operating environments are increasingly Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous. The world is increasingly subject to failure requiring that the quality of decision making be improved.
The impact on operational realities is critical and requires that broad-based cross-program, intra-agency, inter-organizational level thinking and approach be applied. The consequences of a decision can ripple with unprecedented speed across organizational ecosystems the way the recent economic crisis has impacted nearly every aspect of our society. It is no longer sufficient, or even possible, to view an organization within the confines of its own boundaries, let alone that of an agency or a discipline, or a process, or even a nation.
Decision making requires the answers to increasingly complex questions. Decision making environments are equally complex for policy makers in the highest places in government and program managers who must deliver services daily to a wide range of constituencies. Limited knowledge and inadequate tools compromise effective decision making. Constraints to successful program delivery must be identified.
The Laisar Management Group Predictive Decision Making process will enhance decision making so that it will be better aligned with organizational realities. Personnel across the organization will be engaged to identify the realities that are faced in the daily management of programs and delivery systems. The anatomy, connectivity, and interrelationships that drive operational reality will be defined. Decision making will produce the intended consequences.
Objectives of the Laisar’s Predictive Decision Making are:
1. Create VUCA-capable policy and program management
2. Capture stakeholder knowledge and experience
3. Recognize political/policy/program interaction
4. Make assumptions and decisions transparent
5. Reveal unforeseen obstacles and options
6. Leverage cross-program/agency effort
7. Predict program outcomes accurately
8. Justify program design and budget
9. Build managerial accountability
10. Protect personal credibility
11. Defend decision making
12. Enable innovation
Remediation and Alignment of Top Down – Bottom Up Perspectives
Engaging the Stakeholders – Opening and Managing the Lines of Communication
Laisar Management Group’s Remediation and Alignment of Top Down – Bottom Up methodology provides a mechanism to align the many participating interest groups at all levels of management in an organization to ensure mission accomplishment within the boundaries mandated by regulatory compliance. Remediation and Alignment melds the complexities of the disparate interest groups and the people to facilitate a level of understanding that will foster a collaborative, congenial working environment.
Laisar’s methodology identifies the major issues and positions of the interest groups relative to achieving Mission and Program goals. Key players are identified. Their perspectives are recognized and a conciliatory process is defined. Opportunities to introduce efficiencies of the organization’s operations are identified. This expanded understanding and acceptance of the requirement to accomplish the mission within the parameters of organizational policy and public law yields operating improvements and efficiencies for the organization.
A level playing field to foster open communications to gain consensus, mutual understanding and cooperation emerges to achieve the project’s goals. Relationships across organizational boundaries are formed. Esprit de corps emerges. Productivity is achieved.
Objectives of the Laisar’s Remediation and Alignment of Top Down – Bottom Up Perspective methodology are:
1. Identify Program issues, goals and consequences of non-compliance
2. Identify the organizational components and the individual participants
3. Define available resources of the component organizations
4. Gain perspective on the Interrelationships of the component organizations
5. Create a discussion of obligations, roles, responsibilities
6. Identify the gaps that threaten the success of the project
7. Establish a coalition of the forces and resources of the organizations
8. Understand the inter-agency teaming arrangement issues, viability, etc. for:
9. Federal intra-agency, inter-agency, state, local collaboration
10. Inter-organizational Agreement designs, negotiation
12. Define mutually possible milestones to facilitate the spirit of cooperation
13. Understand the commitment that are possible to be made by the components
14. Establish performance measurement for meeting project management goals
15. Establish continuity of purpose through follow-up monitoring
16. Implement continued levels of achievement through continued dialogue
17. Create a forum to accomplish the above stated goals
Laisar Value Proposition
Holistic from program design to data collection, analysis and reporting for every engagement, Laisar combs through the enterprise, collecting, organizing and analyzing data, validating (or invalidating) compliance of operational realities with regulatory, financial and agreed to business relationship boundaries.
Laisar identifies unrecognized possibilities for managing the organization based on the data that drives it.
PEOPLE. PROCESS. PRODUCTIVITY.
Solutions for Compliance and Governance Strategy
- Add8737 Colesville Road, Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD 20910